925 Sterling Silver
- Hallmarked by the UK Assay office
- Perfect layering piece
- Adjustable between 60cm, 63cm, 66cm and 69cm
- Traditional design
- The pendant is 2.5cm long and 1.8cm in height
- This product weighs approx 17g
The Silver T-Bar Necklace is a classic piece perfect for layering this winter. We have recently been looking into more minimalistic items but want to offer them to the highest quality possible and this piece has ended up being a favourite for us all at Serge. This product is made from Solid Silver with an adjustable chain with a full length of 60cm and adjustors for lengths 63, 66 & 69cm. The pendant is 2.5cm long and 1.8cm high
Historically, the chain used to give easier access to a pocket watch in the watch pocket of a waistcoat. The Albert style went to a T-Bar finding that tucked into a buttoned buttonhole of the waistcoat. From there a further small length of chain-hung, to which the wearer attached decorative charms such as fraternity or lodge symbols. The double Albert was a chain draped between both watch pockets, with the T-bar and pendant chain in the middle.
This piece is perfect for layering alongside the Silver Scale Necklace as well as one of our trio of Amulets. If layering isn't exactly your thing this piece is perfect for wearing individually and will always catch the attention of those around you.
All our necklaces can be adjusted to fit.
Serge DeNimes jewellery is made from 925 Sterling Silver so it does require some care to keep it looking its best. Sterling Silver naturally tarnishes over time as sulphur reacts to the air. Other chemicals such as perfumes, moisturisers, hairspray, perspiration etc also add to this reaction so here are some tips to keep your Silver looking brand new;
- Make jewellery the last thing you add to your look - after you've moisturised, sprayed etc
- Do not shower or swim whilst wearing your jewellery
- Remove before exercising
- Keep out of direct sunlight
How to clean your jewellery
- Use a lightly damp cloth - avoid using kitchen towels as this can scratch the surface of the silver
- For a more intense clean invest in a specific Silver cleaner, such as Silvo or a specialist silver cleaning cloth
How to store your jewellery
- Silver will tarnish in direct sunlight or air so store in a dark, dry & cool place
- Fasten chains before storing to avoid tangling - fasten adjustor chains on the last hole
- Store jewellery separate from other pieces so they don't get scratched in storage
The more you wear your Serge DeNimes jewellery, the less care they need so keep accessorising regularly.